Sunday, December 31, 2006

Resolution

Well, here it is the last day of 2006, and I ended the year only 5 pounds lighter than I was at the end of 2005. I was actually doing fairly well at dropping some weight until July, and then a number of changes in my life conspired against me... I really have no excuse though. I know I am just putting more into my body than I should be.

I have had a number of friends who have experienced some fantastic weight loss through cycling over the last 18 months, and it is my publicly stated intention to join them. I have committed to a number of people that I am going to succeed at reestablishing a healthy weight.

As of yesterday I was 238 lbs. This isn't the most I have weighed, but it is getting close. I also did a 3 mile time trial on my bike yesterday. My time was 10:13. I will be using this site to publicly report my progress as I as I move toward the following goals to be reached by August 1.

Weight < 193
TimeTrial < 8:30

This represents weight loss of 1.5 pounds a week on average for the next 30 weeks. The time trial goal would mean that I will be able to maintain a speed of 20-21 mph for 3 miles.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...this weight loss things sounds familiar, even some of the specific numbers. I hope you make it.